Well, according to some pundits, it's still early. I'm one to agree with that sentiment. Compare where we are at "day x" with the last couple of elections. Still, there are concerns...
We've been largely ignored by the media, but we are "getting on track".
The media is in "coronation mode" - which doesn't help.
There are people vocally advocating the "loss is good" theory, hoping for a Con majority so we have a good 4 years (or less) to get our house in order...
Sure, there are those "concerns" above... I still think it's way too early to jump off a tall building or anything like that. Here's what to do:
1) Get out there and ID vote. There are going to be a lot of close ridings.
2) How many "detractors" have actually DONATED to the party? You can bet every Reformer worth his stetson and rifle is donating monthly to the Cons... Make a contribution, so we can use it for last minute ads. The reason we're "waiting" to run more ads is because PEOPLE LIKE YOU didn't donate, or donate enough earlier. Go for the maximum tax credit.
We have no-one to blame but ourselves for these challenges... We can still work hard and make an impact.
Beyond that... It's in the hands of the Leader. Remember: we have some debates coming up. Sure these aren't REAL debates - they're just glorified stump speeches... Still, we BETTER shine in the debates. It's the big national media event that's free. We need to make good use of that airtime.
For the rest of the campaign we need to:
1) Point out our solid record of excellent fiscal management
2) Point out the Con's history of being poor custodians of the national economy
3) Stick to our platform, and REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, until everyone has heard us (that's what the RepubliCons have been doing).
4) REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT...
The RepubliCons have been repeating their message for over a year (since Mr. Dion was elected). They've run national ads. Do we think our 30 days of ads can compete? If messaging is on, and we REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, we may succeed...