The coalition must have a "x number of points" plan, present it to the public (with some very "universal-medicare-like" ideas), and let the bitter and angry Conservative regime say "no" clearly to Canadians and their wishes. This will highlight to Canadians how anti-development these Conservatives really are...
Simply saying "it's about the economy, stupid" is just not enough. Have something for Harper to oppose, so he appears truly to be rejecting good ideas for Canadians.
1) Better Healthcare funding - Truly do away with waiting lists. More money for more medical professionals and facilites
2) Universal fully-funded daycare
3) Education and Re-training plan - including first and final years of university paid for - IF a certain grade-point score is maintained. Make our population more literate, and more educated
4) Transit - More of it. More trains, more LRTs
5) Funding and Growth of Green Industry - Cars, energy plants, recycling, etc.
6) Deal to preserve our water from sale to corporations, local or foreign
7) Champion and broker a UN Peace-keeping Mission to Afghanistan...
8) An end to foreign ownership of Canadian media
More to come...