Today, with the signing of the 3 party accord, Canadians' votes have meaning. Finally, an expression of the will of 2/3s of Canadians who chose to vote in the last election.
Today's historic accord will change Canada for the good. Hope and Change, and all that jazz...
A few things about coalitions:
1) They are the best way for a majority of voices to be heard
2) They bring cooperation and goodwill to the corridors of power
3) Integrity - They bring true honesty and integrity to Parliament. Who would lie, cheat, or be in conflict of interest, if they know full well it would come back to kill their careers at the end of the accord - or earlier?
4) Access to their MPs for Canadians just got better
5) Canada became a "true nation" when there was cooperation between parties in Parliament - be it coalition or a cooperative minority government. We saw this affect changes such as the introduction of universal medicare, old age pensions, EI, etc. Cooperation between Liberals and NDP has always led to great things for Canada. It is a partnership that has helped us define ourselves in the world - along with very strong and "liberal-minded" Liberal governments (of Laurier, Pearson, Trudeau, and Chretien).
Vive la Canada!